Advice on Phi Phi Island diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davidz

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a well run ,reliable ,fairly priced dive operation in Phi Phi Islands?. Advice on lodging in $75 range+/-$25. We will be there jan 2009 Thanks

I had no trouble finding very nice and reasonable ($10/night) accommodations there, but I travel as a backpacker so I'm not sure what creature comforts you desire. As for the dive ops, I was there before the tsunami so I'm not sure who is still operating there. I spent my first day on the island visiting the shops that looked interesting and talking to their staff before I made the decision to go with Visa.

There are plenty of operators on Phi Phi and I think shopping around is the best idea, though personally Aquanauts and Viking have had good reports from customers who've come my way.

You shouldn't have trouble finding accommodation and there's a great range of choice on the island. I've stayed at the Bay View many many many times and they have very cool bungalows over looking Tonsai bay. Don't expect anything to be cheap! Prices have sky rocketed in the last 3 years or so and nothing is cheap. Do not be surprised if even the beer in bars is twice the price of Phuket....as it was when I was there on Monday.

Great diving though.

Id liek to reccomend Blue View Divers on Phi Phi .. they are .. fantastic, they dive off longtail boats only, so its always a small group ( which i personally think is VERY nice). They have some very nice DM's, i personally had Jon Morton when i was there early 2007.

Check them out at www.blueviewdivers.com they are connected with a nice little place with ( as i recall it) relativly cheap lodging, in small ACed huts ( theres also non ACed ones .. phew ) :)

I dove with Phi Phi Island Divers there, and liked the DM's/Instructors.

The prices for diving on the island are all supposed to be the same by agreement, so just visit around the shops and go with whomever gives you the best impression.

Ko Phi Phi was a really fun island! I'm hoping to go back.

:)Thanks to all of you who have responded .The dive shops mentioned in all the replies look good so I should be fine ! A dive instructor friend emailed me & he suggested Visa divers . ...Anyone have experience with or feedback on them.?? I appreciate you all taking the time to help me.
Aslo my wife is a non -diver so I would like a place where she can relax & read at pool side with nice surroundings,safe & comfywith A/C . :confused:

There are plenty of operators, probably too many when I was last there. The diving is good but strongly recommend going say around Easter when the marine life and weather is at its best. Definitely recommend Purple Rock and Red Rock, between Phi Phi and Phuket. Can access by speed boat.

Day boat diving is pretty hairy in off season, Aug/Sept.

If Fatties is still there you definitely want to go for there for dinner sometime!

Alan

Back
Top Bottom