Advice re reliable worldwide shipping from US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkinabus

Registered
Reaction score
This one is for those with experience buying and selling gear involving shipping from the US to international.

I have bought a reg from Ebay, listed as worldwide shipping via USPS.

I paid as soon as the ebay request payment email arrived, including international postage.

The seller has since contacted me stating a reluctance to ship as he has "no way of proving I receive the reg and has been burnt before with international transactions"

Also that he would not use USPS despite having listed the items shipping as via USPS??

I have received items reliably in the past via USPS, with a tracking number, and requiring my signature upon delivery.

What reliable, traceable, postal options would you recommend I suggest?

The sellers suggestion was to post to a US address and have a third party forward me the reg, or cancel the transaction.

I'd appreciate any advice..

This one is for those with experience buying and selling gear involving shipping from the US to international.

I have bought a reg from Ebay, listed as worldwide shipping via USPS.

I paid as soon as the ebay request payment email arrived, including international postage.

The seller has since contacted me stating a reluctance to ship as he has "no way of proving I receive the reg and has been burnt before with international transactions"

Also that he would not use USPS despite having listed the items shipping as via USPS??

I have received items reliably in the past via USPS, with a tracking number, and requiring my signature upon delivery.

The sellers suggestion was to post to a US address and have a third party forward me the reg, or cancel the transaction.

I'd leave him negative feedback, he should have taken these issues into account before listing his items, did you win it cheaply? It sounds like he's trying to wriggle out of the deal.

I'd leave him negative feedback, he should have taken these issues into account before listing his items, did you win it cheaply? It sounds like he's trying to wriggle out of the deal.

This did cross my mind.
The sale price was not cheap, though I am not really sure what the reg is worth.

Perhaps someone offered more or he was unhappy with the sale price.

I only use FEDX or UPS they won't be cheep but it is traceable, insurable and it will get there.
What did you buy?

I only use FEDX or UPS they won't be cheep but it is traceable, insurable and it will get there.
What did you buy?

I won a Scubapro Pilot from an ebayer called berkshirediving.

He has flat refused to send the reg, despite as having listed it Worldwide postage, and has now opened an unpaid item case against me. (I paid via Paypal inc shipping)

He tells me he has been selling on Ebay for 10 years yet his profile is less than a year old. I wonder why?

I believe the price was not cheap but I think he may have been made a better offer.

I won a Scubapro Pilot from an ebayer called berkshirediving.

He has flat refused to send the reg, despite as having listed it Worldwide postage, and has now opened an unpaid item case against me. (I paid via Paypal inc shipping)

He tells me he has been selling on Ebay for 10 years yet his profile is less than a year old. I wonder why?

I believe the price was not cheap but I think he may have been made a better offer.

Send him a message telling him you want a full refund immediately because he is unwilling to ship it even though his listing said he would. Then copy it and open a dispute with Ebay and then do the same on Paypal. As long as you document his listing and his unwillingness to stand by his listing you will get you $$ back.

Good luck!

The only redeeming factor here is that you played no part in pumping up the price. What is the full story? Nice and slow is the go. You want something? He has everything. If it becomes ugly you could suggest that you may ask some of your forum friends for advice. I have some of those regs. For that price I may be tempted to walk them down to you? I would have to braze them shut first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom