Advice: Riffe M-1025 Metal Tech #3S 50 (127 cm)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have one of these? I own a smaller Mako predator for close in reef work in South Florida, and would like to upgrade to a bigger gun for longer distance/larger fish.

It's metal, not wood, a sharkfin with threaded shaft, and has that sweet mid-handle. I see a lot of people going for the wood these days, but if someone out there uses this spear, please feel free to chime in.

Chris

I have no experience with that one.....but if you're spending THAT much money, why not get a euro-style gun? Hammerhead has a fantastic series of spearguns out. A buddy has one and hasn't found anything wrong with it.

I have had a metal tech 2 for 10-12 years. I love it. It is a poweful gun. A couple of my friends have the metal tech 3. I like the mid handle for better control (over the euro). You can put the gun down and it won't float away. It is small enough that I can hold it and the handle of my scooter. I have heard good things about the KOAH (see above), but I wouldn't be able to hold onto a fatback and scooter.

Back
Top Bottom