Advise needed on packable filter for 15CFM compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lloyd_borrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
G'day,

I'm in Victoria, Australia and I have a second-hand 15CFM Ingersoll Rand HP Compressor powered by a 10 HP 7.5 KW 3-phase electric motor I'm currently trying to get running.

Well we've had it turning over okay (and even in the right direction) but we still have a few issues to work through.

I'm concerned about the capacity of the filtration system that came with the compressor. It has a 9 cm (3.5") diameter 40 cm (16") tall filter on it, alongside a water separator of the same dimensions. What would you recommend as the best way forward?

A friend suggested a Lawrence Factor 33" tower filter. I'd like for it to be a re-packable one rather than use cartridges. Even better if the inner container was clear so that we could visually inspect the filtration media before deciding to repack it.

I've looked at the Lawrence Factor web site and find it confusing. I've been unable to work out what we need from the information there.

Any chance someone could give me the details of what I need for an effective solution, be it based on Lawrence factor parts, or an alternative?

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.

I can help you with a 33 inch commercial tower (5000PSI) with a re-packable clear filter cartridge. I would recommend using the 16 inch tower with a re-packable cartridge filled with Linde 13 X and make it a drying chamber only.
PM me and I can help. I have shipped to Australia before.
Jim Shelden

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom