Aeris Dive Computer Software 2.2.2 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sanjac

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am still having multiple issues with ACI v2.2.2. If it is a software problem, is there a plan to address these issues in the near future? If it is a corrupted database issue, are there plans to either check the integrity of the data file upon starting and quitting the ACI program or having a utility to repair the data files?

Here are the issues I am having:
1) I cannot edit "temp" or "SI" after the initial dive input (can't edit it after I save the dive). If I do enter an SI, it goes back to zero after leaving that page and the SI shows up on a different dive (the one before or after) and can switch as I page through my dives.
2) When printing the "Standard Log Book", it prints with fields blank or "Label2" when using landscape (to get dive log size printouts) and it only prints one page of two logs - even if I select to print out all dives.
3) Under "Dive Details" the Stop Depth remains zero no matter how deep the dive was.
4) When printing "Dive Data and Graph", all data prints, but some text overlap on printout (using HP LaserJet).
5) The ACI software won't work if I have dual monitors turned on - I have to go back to single monitor mode to get the ACI software to work.
6) I can't import data from other similar (e.g. Genesis) programs. It seems each program, although the same base program, imports and export differently so the data can't be shared. For those with multiple dive computers - or who upgrade to a different dive computer - who want to combine all dives into a single program, this is a big concern.

I really want to transition to an electronic dive log, but right now I can't trust any of them, so I have to use my actual written dive log in addition to the dive programs. Whichever company can get their dive software working correctly first will be a huge step above the rest and that will lead to better sales.

I hope these issues can be fixed soon.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom