Aeris Elite T-3 Buddy Check Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
...ironically enough, yes.
Granted there's a small margin of error but I'm usually within +/- 100psi. :)

Wow you're one of the lucky ones.

Hey don't forget to work on your ascent rate it needs improvement :wink:

I have been on numerous dives and had a demo retailer dive in October where 12 units worked perfectly including buddy check feature. I have heard the best position to acquire buddy check is above slightly and the the rear within 3-6ft range. I use the ATOM 2.0 currently and have had no problems acquire correct buddy pressure at 8ft away. As Doug mentioned earlier we will be looking into this issue. If correct transmitter serial number is input into wrist unit sometimes it helps to cycle through the serial numbers with transmitter and receiver right next to each other before dive. I will say if this all numbers are correct and the reaquire does not help on surface it more than likely would not acquire at depth.

Regards,
Darryl

Darryl Bowerman:
I have been on numerous dives and had a demo retailer dive in October where 12 units worked perfectly including buddy check feature. I have heard the best position to acquire buddy check is above slightly and the the rear within 3-6ft range. I use the ATOM 2.0 currently and have had no problems acquire correct buddy pressure at 8ft away. As Doug mentioned earlier we will be looking into this issue. If correct transmitter serial number is input into wrist unit sometimes it helps to cycle through the serial numbers with transmitter and receiver right next to each other before dive. I will say if this all numbers are correct and the reaquire does not help on surface it more than likely would not acquire at depth.

Regards,
Darryl

Hi Darryl,

There are six T3s with broken buddy check features on this post alone.
I returned two to Aeris and got two new ones that still didn't work.

There is definately something wrong.

The transmitter seems to be working fine since the main pressure display
seems to be accurate.

Maybe its adding the two pressures together since it seems to be about
double most of the time. Who knows.

Now i'm really getting curious about this. And since we've seem to get the attention of Aeris maybe we could ask more about this. Elite t3, Epic, Atom 2.0 and Vt3 all got buddy check feature but does the buddy feature work with each other? Or is it elite with elite, epic with epic, atom with atom and vt3 with vt3?

Anyone in here dives in monterey that own one of this computer besides me that want to check if their buddy pressure works?

zvinzonz:
Elite t3, Epic, Atom 2.0 and Vt3 all got buddy check feature but does the buddy feature work with each other? Or is it elite with elite, epic with epic, atom with atom and vt3 with vt3?

I imagine yes, just a guess though, I know the transmitters are identical - probably just a matter of setting the serial number.

cadiver67:
you are telling me that your astonishing brain keeps track of your air consumption and your buddy's air consumption constantly and at any time during your dive you know what each of your pressures are without looking at your gauge. And your astonishing brain makes adjustments for current, depth, etc. not just for you but for your buddy as well and that you look at your gauge only to confirm what you already know.

Wow!! I wish I could strap you on my wrist and solve all my problems.

Yep, that's the way it works. If you know yourself, and know your buddy you should be pretty close to knowing what pressures both of you are at at any point in the dive.

Also, your "quill and paper" comment was a bit off. to make more appropriate it should have been more like...."Hey Brane, why don't you hop in your Volvo that just keeps going and going and always works, and is very safe. I paid a million for my Ferrari and it keeps giving me that darn service engine light."

^ I second this.

SparticleBrane & Fire Diver,

There seems to be a disease infecting SOME of the long time divers on this board.
It's called pompous diver syndrom. It infects the memory and prohibits the diver from remembering that they were once new and had to learn to dive too just like everyone else.

I have only been diving one year and have 50 dives logged, maybe in a few years I will instictively know how much air is in my tank at any given time, but at this point I do not.

Since I don't just magically know what my pressure or my wife's/buddy's pressure is, I decided to get us air integrated computers. That's all - it's that simple.

How can you honestly sit there and criticize my buddy skills because I didn't just buy a gauge instead of a computer with air integration? Like I said I am still new and my thinking was that I should buy a good computer, the buddy check was a plus and not the reason I bought the computer.

I look to you long time divers for help not criticism - in fact I posted specifically about the computer and its connectivity issues before I bought it and everyone said it was a great computer and that there would be no issues with the transmitters. Since it is advertised as being able to buddy check I expected it to work.

And yes the brass & glass is the quill and paper - the Volvo would be an air integrated computer attached by a hose.

Back
Top Bottom