Aeris Manta not recognize on a mac, macdive not working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rocdoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,
I am not able to connect my Aeris Manta to my mac. I have downloaded macdive software, but it fails to recognize the computer. I have bought the "computer interface" (most expensive USB cable I have ever purchased...), the computer displays "PC" with a countdown timer, but neither the computer nor the software seem to be aware of its existence.
Does anyone have any tips? I am close to returning the connector, but it seems that many folks are, in fact, able to connect on macs.
Thank you

---------- Post added July 17th, 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

And the thread is supposed to say "not recognized​"...

So you said you downloaded the MacDive software, but what about the FTDI USB Driver?

Visit this page (MacDive) on the MacDive website, and you will find a link for the driver under the Aeris devices. It needs to be installed for this to work, but it is beyond simple. I am assuming here that you simply overlooked this one important step.

Once you have this driver installed on your Mac it should work easy-peasy.

Thanks Incident for the feedback. I have actually downloaded the correct version of the driver, and still nothing. As far as my mac is concerned, there is no dive computer connected to it. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks again

---------- Post added August 4th, 2014 at 07:43 PM ----------

Actually, scratch that. I forced it to work, kind of... Had to force feed the information to the software, and then it worked...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom