Aeris - online purchase and repair service availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Don't be a sucker, what they did not tell you is that ALL Aeris product purchased from Leisure Pro will NOT have a factory warranty, or any warranty for that matter."

Not true. I bought mine about 2 years ago as a "combo" deal off EBay from Leisure Pro and had some errors with the 750GT so I called them (aeris) and there were 100% behind it!
They sent me a new transmiter (witch did not help) so they overnighted a newcomputer and transmiter!
I am VERY happy with aeris and WILL buy tem again.

ToLooped

Readers digest version since its already in a thread somewhere here.

I bought a used Aerris 500ai, had a problem contacted Aeris sent it to them for service, they replaced it no cost beyond shipping, and earned a loyal customer.

The 2 facets of the original post are:
1. Is there a factory warranty when buying from LP? Aeris's answer is "no".
2. Will Aeris repair a computer purchased from LP or any other gray-market vendor? Aeris's answer is "yes".

Beyond all this, Aeris is absolutely committed to seeing their products work properly. As owners of Aeris computers, we're VERY pleased with the products and the great support we've had from them and will remain their customers for a long, long time.

Where you buy your computer is your business but consider whether you're getting the latest software and feature set when buying a computer through the gray-market. For some equipment it may not matter. On a dive computer, well, it seems a little more important.

which one did you get? i'm considering the same two. my daughter has the aeris 2 button, i thin it's the 2. i was told we should have the same manuf to have the same algorythm.

i like having the knife on the back, but the 300g seems to be easier to read. do you know what the differences are? i don't trust sales!

I purchased an Atmos 2 from LP last year. I went through 3 defective units before I raised the BS flag and got another brand. Even though I was not satisfied with the computer, I was more than satisfied with LP's customer service.

subdude

Just another note on Aeris. Firstly, I think the 500ai is discontinued. I bought one when they first came out several years ago. It failed in 1 year. Aeris repacled it with a reconditioned unit (I believe). This failed after 1 year. Aeris again offered to replace it, but I upgraded to the newer model, the Atmos ai. One year and counting on this unit. I may have just had bad luck with their products, but their service was responsive.
--------------
D.C.C.

rdunncpa:
which one did you get? i'm considering the same two. my daughter has the aeris 2 button, i thin it's the 2. i was told we should have the same manuf to have the same algorythm.

The Atmos 2 is much better for a few reasons than the 300G. The 300 is no longer made - but there are still a few floating around... but it has a much shorter battery life, does not have water activation, does not have the safety stop count down timer, and the display is much smaller. Also if you're into downloading the computer, the 300G uses a serial port - and doesn't work with XP. The Atmos 2 cord is cheaper - USB - with newer software.

If you found a 300G floating around, it might be pretty cheap... but when you can get a 2 gauge Atmos 2 with full warranty for about $350 - the 300G would have to be real cheap for me to give up the extra features.

rdunncpa:

i like having the knife on the back, but the 300g seems to be easier to read. do you know what the differences are? i don't trust sales!

To address a couple of the comments above, I think's it's worth noting that the repeated failure of units bought from LP likely relate more to the fact that LP is not selling first article computers, only gray market. You can't assume ANY reliability trends derived from unauthorized resellers. My wife and I have had 300G's for several years and been happy with their reliability and functionality. There was a battery circuit upgrade/recall for the 300G's along the line (maybe 3 years ago?) and Aeris was very good about how they handled it.

Which to buy? Your comment on wanting to match the algorithm used in your daughter's computer is worth probing a little. It's true that different manufacturer's will use varying algorithms but there is new DCS info being collected regularly and the algorithms used by manufacturers are being improved along the way. A computer bought today will have (should have!) a substantially updated algorithm compared to one bought, say, 2 years ago. Some of the computer models are updated in subsequent releases but some are not. This means that an 'xyz' model in production for multiple years may or may not be able to take advantage of newly developed algorithms. Sometimes the 'xyz' can be updated and sold with the new software and sometimes it can't or the company decides just to introduce a new model 'abc' with the updated features. Bottom line is you have to shop carefully and do your homework.

My understanding is that some of the newer algorithms are incorporating bubble theory mechanisms developed in just the last few years. You could buy a computer to match your daughter's but why sacrifice all the advancements in algorithms, programming, and improved hardware? Just my 2 cents . . .

If that is a direct quote from your LDS I'd by the computer anyplace else from there. That kind of attitude loses my business forever.

Give Joe & Larry a call at ScubaToys.com. They are authorized Aeris dealers and have said on this board that they will match Leisure Pro's prices.

James

Back
Top Bottom