Affiliation to a Dive Centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am just undertaking the crossover to SDI Instructor and was wondering what is involved in the affiliation to a SDI centre?

There are a few here in Singapore, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I am not sure what it entails?

Are they going to expect a fee for this, maybe a cut of any course fees or is it something as simple as using them for buying course materials, or will I have to end up working for them and taking a small cut. I am not too bothered either way as long as it works both ways and they woud earn what they got through me.

Dave

I am just undertaking the crossover to SDI Instructor and was wondering what is involved in the affiliation to a SDI centre?

There are a few here in Singapore, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I am not sure what it entails?

Are they going to expect a fee for this, maybe a cut of any course fees or is it something as simple as using them for buying course materials, or will I have to end up working for them and taking a small cut. I am not too bothered either way as long as it works both ways and they woud earn what they got through me.

Dave

Hi Dave: Pretty simple professional relationship which I would like you to speak with Paul Montgomery about one-on-one since Paul is our "international" guy. He can explain the process and most importantly has first-hand knowledge of all the stakeholders in that part of Asia.

Contact him via email (paul.montgomery@tdisdi.com) and then set up a chat on Skype, which is a tool we use for day-to-day communications.

Thanks and welcome to the family. Looking forward to having you as a member

Thanks Steve,
I'll get in touch when I get back to civilisation

Cheers
Dave

Dave...
You can start your own.

Come up with a company name to operate under... SDI was waiving most of the Dive Centre "requirements" a couple years back.

I am in Signapore on an Employment Pass, and my full time job won't appreciate me registering a company!

Thanks for the idea, I would do that back home in heartbeat

Cheers
Dave

I am in Signapore on an Employment Pass, and my full time job won't appreciate me registering a company!

Thanks for the idea, I would do that back home in heartbeat

Cheers
Dave
Who said anything about "registering" a company?

You just make one up -- it's a sole proprietorship (using North American language)... and fill out the SDI paperwork.

Who said anything about "registering" a company?

You just make one up -- it's a sole proprietorship (using North American language)... and fill out the SDI paperwork.
That's right. And as far as I know you pay only once to TDI/SDI; no renewal fees for the company.

That's correct:

1/ NO CHARGE for registering a facility and NO renewal fee for facility
2/ Maintained PRICES across the board for member renewals etc. in 2010

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom