After over 3 decades in submarines, I decided to step outside…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowcaps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I’m recently new to scuba, 2023 is my starting year. I figure this will be a nice little hobby as I push towards retirement and having read numerous posts on the board, I thought I would join, so Hi to all you divers out there and thanks for sharing your wisdom with those of us finding our fins.

Welcome to the board!

Any good under the water stories? :)

Bienvenidos! I saw a submarine being built for the Colombian navy at a shipyard in Cartagena in 1981. Did you serve on that submarine?

Bienvenidos! I saw a submarine being built for the Colombian navy at a shipyard in Cartagena in 1981. Did you serve on that submarine?
Although I live in Colombia now, my submarine service was in the UK, but I’ve seen the submarines in Cartagena too.

Any good under the water stories? :)
Plenty, although I think it’s at least another 20 years before I’m allowed to spill the beans lol

That said, back in the 80’s we were in the Med on exercise , hiding from the chasing ships and aircraft, just off the bottom and a pod of dolphins were being inquisitive and kept swimming down to have a closer look. It was during this time our underwater cameras caught a dolphin giving birth right next to the submarine - it was pretty awesome.

Plenty, although I think it’s at least another 20 years before I’m allowed to spill the beans lol

That said, back in the 80’s we were in the Med on exercise , hiding from the chasing ships and aircraft, just off the bottom and a pod of dolphins were being inquisitive and kept swimming down to have a closer look. It was during this time our underwater cameras caught a dolphin giving birth right next to the submarine - it was pretty awesome.

Welcome aboard! Or, in your case, should I say, welcome to the MOB lot?!

Hey, not to prize anything out of you, but on occasion, driving my DPV in the waters off our fair island, I would hear certain regular pings… (can be rather annoying, I have to say). If I brought an mp3 player in a waterproof canister on a dive, what would be the sort of music to play, you know, to mark my territory? Would my man Ozzy still be appreciated?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom