After OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hi,
I got certified about six months ago and I have done some dives since then. What courses should I take next? AOW, Nitrox, Boat, CPR, Wreak????
Just want to hear some opinions.
Thx.
Tekkie

AOW is commonly refered to as Open Water Pt 2. at my local shop. I think AOW is the next logical step because you get the advantage of 5 different dives, Deep, Boat, Night, Nav, and the freebie space filler, Underwater Naturalist. But if you rent a camera, you can do a Photo dive, or rent a dry suit and it can be a dry suit dive.
All these dive go towards the specialty, ie, the night dive counts as 1 dive toward you night speciality.

Why not get credit for the dive, right? Of course this is PADI, SSI, NAUI, others may have different steps they recomend.

You could always ask your instructor, and if you like him, take his next class.

Tekkie once bubbled...
Hi,
I got certified about six months ago and I have done some dives since then. What courses should I take next? AOW, Nitrox, Boat, CPR, Wreak????
Just want to hear some opinions.
Thx.
Tekkie

to your dive boots when you don't rinse them out after use:wink:

Seriously...AOW all the way:D

Do your AOW, and then do Rescue. It's worth it.

I agree. AOW, then Rescue and any other specialties that tickle your fancy.

I thought I was hot stuff when I first got my C-Card for Open Water. WRONG! I began to realize how much more there was to learn when I did my research. Think of the C-Card as a Learners Permit. It doesn't even rise to the level of drivers license.

I would go right away into AOW. Then as soon as your instructor feels you are ready jump into Rescue or get a bunch of really good specialties mastered. Navigation, Deep, Multilevel, and the funnest of all....NIGHT DIVING!

But most of all dive a LOT and have FUN!:D

We are so lucky to be able to do this...count your blessings!

Mouth Breather

Back
Top Bottom