After the dive and getting ready for the next day question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bring a mesh duffel bag to carry my equipment from the room to the boat and back.

After the second dive, we (wife and me) load our eq. into the mesh duffels. if I'm wearing a wetsuit, I either take it off on the boat on the way in, or just have it down to my waist.

I do different things with my camera, sometimes I just carry the rig, other times, I put it in my small pelican case, or a soft sided cooler. I like having it in something to help protect it, and between dives I wrap it in a wet towel to prevent fogging, so in something helps with that.

Not sure what I'm doing this year yet. My rig is growing this year. I'm going to have both my still camera & strobe and my GoPro & video lights all on one tray. The new tray is currently in transit to my house from Backscatter, so when it arrives and I put it all together and see the overall size I'll decide what to do.

We don't valet our equipment, but usually, Blue Angel will have a wheel barrel on the dock and everyone just loads their equipment into it and someone from the shop will roll it up to the rinsing station. If not, we just carry it ourselves.

I ALWAYS rise my own equipment. Blue Angel has 2 very nice concrete rinsing tanks and a nice outdoor shower. Everything except my camera and neoprene get rinsed in the tanks. I rinse my wetsuit & booties in the shower, or sometimes in the shower in the room, if I'm feeling seasick and need to lay down, and I rinse my camera equipment in the room sink.

many dive ops are valeting equipment nowadays, and the few folks I know that stay in town usually let the DO handle their equipment. They must not do shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom