After the Wrinkles Kelp Dance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After Wrinkles does her inimitable kelp dance, what are the options for dinner and hanging out after the night dive?

Ice mentioned a Mexican restaurant in Old Town where they make their own tortillas. I remember going there before when driving back up to L.A. and remember the place being pretty decent.

What recommendations do you locals have for us to extend our hanging out into the evening?

Also, some of us are spending the night and may be able to get a couple more dives in on Sunday depending on whether or not Saturday's evening activity produces a headache by Sunday morning. :11:

I just thought I'd get people to make some suggestions, so that everyone could think about them before we get there.

Christian

Since I'm significantly younger than you fossils, I'll be going to places a litte too wild for you old foogies.

ShakaZulu:
Since I'm significantly younger than you fossils, I'll be going to places a litte too wild for you old foogies.

Wow, Roy, I resemble that remark :crafty: !!

jennifer

ShakaZulu:
Actually Roy, I would guess that things have actually gotten "less" wild since the Punk Rock days at the Whiskey.

In fact, I just got invited to a Sunday night Halloween party with a current Punk band called Bad Acid Trip. The lead singer worked in special fx for the movies and transforms his entire back yard into a "maze of horror" complete with a "severed head gallery" and "sand pit monster" waiting to eat you! As Halloween parties go, this one is pretty wild!

So, don't be afraid of the "fogies" Roy, we can hang! Make some suggestions for cool places!

Christian

headhunter:
Actually Roy, I would guess that things have actually gotten "less" wild since the Punk Rock days at the Whiskey.

In fact, I just got invited to a Sunday night Halloween party with a current Punk band called Bad Acid Trip. The lead singer worked in special fx for the movies and transforms his entire back yard into a "maze of horror" complete with a "severed head gallery" and "sand pit monster" waiting to eat you! As Halloween parties go, this one is pretty wild!

So, don't be afraid of the "fogies" Roy, we can hang! Make some suggestions for cool places!

Christian

I'm just kidding, I think I'm going with you........ No plans for me, Stephanie is going to be in LA and I'll be down here somewhere. Probably go to the W for a drink and then off to some club. Just going to wing-it. Never really been into this Halloween thing.

Dudes, if you're up for a drive to Escondido after the dives, I think Bobby and Cissy are appearing at Lawrence Welk Resort. They totally ROCK !!! And if we're early enough we can hit the earlybird dinner. Saturday night is creamed corn night !!!!

Hey, what's the difference between the Lawrence Welk Orchestra and a moose?

Well, a moose has its horns up front and its a**hole in the rear.......

ShakaZulu:
I'm just kidding, I think I'm going with you........ No plans for me, Stephanie is going to be in LA and I'll be down here somewhere. Probably go to the W for a drink and then off to some club. Just going to wing-it. Never really been into this Halloween thing.
I figured you were! Before I met you, I couldn't tell when you were kidding, but now I just read everything with a South African accent and it's easy! :wink:

I'm into "wing it", but find that more difficult with a large group of people.

Christian

mccabejc:
Dudes, if you're up for a drive to Escondido after the dives, I think Bobby and Cissy are appearing at Lawrence Welk Resort. They totally ROCK !!! And if we're early enough we can hit the earlybird dinner. Saturday night is creamed corn night !!!!

Hey, what's the difference between the Lawrence Welk Orchestra and a moose?

Well, a moose has its horns up front and its a**hole in the rear.......
Using my best Lawrence Welk imitation:
"Thank you Judy and Cindy for that wonderful iguana dance of love! And now... the lovely Lennon sisters singing "I Ain't Got No Satisfaction".

Now if anyone starts singing "My Time Is Your Time" by Rudy Vallee, then we'll have to open up a whole new level of fogie jokes for the even older fogies! :eyebrow:

Christian

There are a bunch of things going on in SD for the weekend. Check out signonsandiego.com and go to entertainment to see what is happening. I am planning on getting in an early dive - possibly 2 and then going to a breakfast sports bar to catch the OU/OSU game (my wife and I are big Oklahoma fans). Then I'll be back for another dive, a burger and then the 5pm dive...maybe even another afer that?! Divinman is going to bring some wood for a bon-fire - so we could warm up and dive, dive dive!

I am totally up for an early morning Sun dive - possibly over at the Cove or Boomers?

Back
Top Bottom