aggressive sharks on decompression stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It all depends upon where you go.

Please don't take this as one-ups-manship, but I have seen far more than that on a single dive. I would guess, in fact, that I saw at least 1,500 hammerheads in a 3-4 day stretch one time.

There are places that are full of sharks, and there are places where a single sighting is a wonder worthy of exalted talk after the dive.

No one-ups needed. We're so new that pretty much anybody cna one up us. :)

We've seen all our sharks in dives off Cancun. Apparently not all that common in that area, but not unheard of either. We've had two single-shark encounters, and one pair; a gray reef shark (4 footer) who circled us about 30 feet out, and a nurse shark (5 footer) who came in to visit and kissed the camera. I stuck up a clip in another thread.

Sharks do three things: survive, eat, reproduce; in that order of importance. Because of that they always go after the easiest meal. The less effort, the less risk, the better.
A noisy, dark, bubble blowing creature will not appear easy.

That and I only ever see sharks while spearfishing.

This simple fact is why I allways like to have a rebreather diver on board. While on the hang, they will allways appear more appetising then me on open circuit.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom