Aging body, New FF pro's XXXL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csicnomore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Ya'll,
Just ordered a FF pro XXXL for a good price and then read the posts from Sibermike and replies from Bob and Blair then wondered if I got my size right. I wear size 13 shoe and my dive boots have thick soles, so I think I have it right and can always buy the inserts.

Does this sound right?

Anyway I have back, knee and feet problems from the Navy, War and Age (feebly shaking my finger). The water helps my back and am hoping the fins will help my feet and knee pain.

On recent dive was in pretty good current and my right ankle and foot were giving me a heck of a time (from plantar fasciitis) and my dive buddy wearing a pair of Apollo Bio Fins is swimming along with half of my effort and I'm a fairly good swimmer.

What I'm ASKING is that Force Fins will cure my aches and pains and ENSURE that I smoke past those younger divers!

Now is that to much to ask, huh??? :rofl3:

Last one in the water's a dork... hey, not so fast!

XXXL with thick soled wetsuit boots will probably still require a comfort instep or other mod (Sibermike) to get a good fit. Not a huge problem, but fitting a thick soled size 13 into a XXL is nearly impossible. I have a thick soled pair of boots that I can't wear except with my SD-1 Military's as they don't fit in the XXLs, even though I can wear my drysuit boots in the XXL, its just barely when I have proper insulation on for <45F diving.

Will the ForceFins relieve the strain of your knee/foot/ankle. Well I am not a doctor and I try not to pretend to be one, I can say its likely to relieve a large portion of the strain and hopefully make you more comfortable. They are not going to have any effect on fixing your medical problem, but I would expect they would do well not to aggrevate it further.

Will you keep up with the youngsters? well that depends on you

PS. I live in Rockville, MD. if you want to try any other ForceFins let me know, I would be glad to give you a chance to try different styles or sizes.

Meesier42,
Thankyou for the reply, sounds like I got the size right. We'll see in a few days and I'm confident they will help if not eliminate my feet and ankle problems. If not, I'll still have from what I've read here the very best of fins.

Thanks to everyone for the much informations I've been able to gain on these fins.

Just can't wait to use them.....where's that delivery truck?

csicnomore,
Thanks for your post and I look forward to hearing about your experience with Force Fins. In answering your question
"What I'm ASKING is that Force Fins will cure my aches and pains and ENSURE that I smoke past those younger divers!"
A lot of new Force Fin user have the first remark of" I am moving forward, but not feeling anything" No aches and pains are in your future.
The Truth about Dive Fins has great information
The Truth About Dive Fins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom