Ahhh geez...fin question. 4 days to resolve..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MCF

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my two pair of Aeris Velocity full foot fins...one pair is a 10.5-11.5 and the other is 12-13. Well, width wise, the 10.5 - 11.5 fits fine, but my big toe and next two toes stick out of the front pretty far...think a little too uncomfortable. The 12-13 fit length wise, but width wise the are a little big and the heal moves around a little, but does not slide out without a little effort. Any suggestions?? Should I just got some neoprene socks for the 12-13 or should I return both sets ($30 each) and go back to the 10.5-11.5 Aquatics that fit ($100 per pair)...gosh this is getting tiresome. I leave Saturday morning at 6am....
Good news is that the snorkel (Akona Caicos) seems like it is going to work out well....

myself, always 1 size over and neoprene socks.. but which fin performs better, that would be a good question.. take 'em to a pool with a pair of athletic socks if you don't have neoprene socks and see what you think.. also to consider, sounds like you're traveling.. how do they travel, fit in the case.. fortunately, neither pair is 36+ inches long...

Most would recommend wearing a sock with a full-foot fin anyhow so if the larger size fits well with a thin pair on then go for those. Either way you definitely do not wan't your foot wiggling around in the pocket

If you get a pair you like that are a tiny bit loose you can also try fin keepers. They're rubber straps that fit below the arch of the foot and wrap over your instep and behind the heel. They can save the day when your neoprene socks get thin.

JB

I second the recommendation of fin keepers. They were invented and patented in France back in the early 1960s and they're just as effective with full-foot fins nowadays as they were back then. They are also known as fin grips or fin retainers. Here is what they look like and how they are worn:

.jpg

Click on the above image for a closer look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom