Ahoy from Washington DC Metro Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the region.

Up the road from you is Millbrook Quarry. It is in the Haymarket area.

Lake Rawlings is also not too far away from you. Lake Rawlings - A Scuba and Camping Park

There are a lot of wrecks off of the Eastern seaboard. From Cape Hatteras North, you are in the Labradour Current, which flows to the South. Colder waters, not so hot vis. From Cape Hatteras, South you are in the Gulf Stream Current. Warm waters and some potentially awesome vis.

drdriver was done there this last weekend. How was it?

There are also a few quarries in PA. Bainbridge, Guppy Gulch, Willow Springs, and Dutch Springs.

Beaufort and Moorehead, NC aren't too far away from you. There is some real good diving out there. It is deeper. The shallow offshore wrecks are in the 95-100fsw range and a lot in the 120fsw range, but well worth the effort. The very first dive I did on the U-352, I remember kneeling in the sand at 112fsw and seeing the silhouettes of the guys on the boat. Oh yeah, the water was 80degrees. I also lost my dive buddy who was only a few feet away because of all the fish. Go to the 'video' section of our website and check out the vid named aelous. Great wreck. See if you can find the shark before it finds you.

I don't know of too many dive clubs, but I haven't looked that hard.

Welcome to the area and don't hesitate to ask questions. There is a forum somewhere on her just for the Mid-Atlantic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom