Air backup for a nitrox dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey caruso you gotta take a look at Chowdhurys dice with DCS

A far more relevant situation applicable to dives being conducted everyday
by everyday divers

Pokes big holes in the big joke of going for a chopper ride to the chamber
and the doctor will kiss it better

and you really should hurry and read the book before you come on here quoting more wrong stuff
and putting your wrong take on it

an overextended stay at depth which led to narcosis

at 230 feet an overextended stay at depth which LED to narcosis

Mate there may well be a few other books for you to read as well

Say I have Spare Air (the air model, not nitrox) and I have an OOA situation on a nitrox dive. Am I correct in assuming that it's safe to switch to the 20.9% backup for my ascent? I can't wrap my head around it at the moment.
Yes, it is correct!

I think they're still diving.

you are by the letter of the statement correct but not in practice....... you are not trying to enjoy diving you are trying to escape from diving just as you would from a burning building, and just like teh building you may literally be renting a space in that building but when it is on fire you are in escape mode its no longer where you live.

you are by the letter of the statement correct but not in practice....... you are not trying to enjoy diving you are trying to escape from diving just as you would from a burning building, and just like teh building you may literally be renting a space in that building but when it is on fire you are in escape mode its no longer where you live.

They would still be diving but not enjoying it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom