"Air Buddy" Alternate Air Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey:
However, there is no stretch of my imagination that would allow calling the replacement of a demand regulator with a manually actuated valve an improvement, any more than a crank starter on my car would be an improvement over the current battery-operated starter.

Terry
So you never had a dead battery.

That's why they make jumper cables.

Terry

cnctina:
So you never had a dead battery.

So, what's the bottom line...the same for any product ever created. Some will like it....some will hate it....some will care less.

The old addage of ...."Time will tell."" certainly applies here. I would love to hear in 6 months.....then in a year how sales have done and what kind of feedback has taken place.

Therefore....for lack of any other terminology....and I dont mean it in a mean way....

I challenge the inventor to come back in 6 months then a year and tell us how the sales are going....what kind of feed back he is getting....and just dont give the positive....give it all....

and then let's see how things turn out.

rich

Here is some more information for anybody that didn't visit the site, but doesn't want to try the air buddy.

They also offer a green shark laser. With this wonderful device you simply turn it on and point it at the sharks eye. It causes immediate discomfort for the shark (but not enough to hurt them-would like to see their lab tests for how they figured this one out) and the shark will leave you alone.

So all I have to do is first spot an attacking shark then pull this out and try and hit a moving target the size of an dime-quarter and hold it there long enought to cause discomfort enough to deter the shark.

Yea this is a great invention and we should try to look at it with an open mind. (Note the strong sarcasm) I agree strongly that new things should be looked at with an open mind, but I have and these people are crackpots. There are just some things that you have to give the old idiot check to and all there products seem to fall right in there in that they should have never made it far enough to be selling them on a website.

IMO they are marketing a few easily manufactured (and cheaply) devices to try and sell to new divers that might not know any better. I truly hope that nobody buys and much less uses any of these and ends up getting hurt or worse yet killed.

I have had one of these for several years, while I don't have any problems using it I wouldn't try selling them. As far as use goes I leave it in my mouth and exhale through the nose. Its only practial use I have found is as a back up octo to be used on trips. This is my second back up after people use the second stages off of my back up reg.

Randy

I'm intrested it seems only 1 person has tried it. look back in time everyone laughed about people saying the earth was round. Please has anyone else tried it?
I have to admit i want to have a go maby for my backup minimilst rig better than nothing. what about for a pony bottle, you have to admint its prefrebale to an emergency ascent.

Anyway bottom line you should not need an octo if you and your buddy are watching your air and have regulally serviced equipment, but you realy dive without it?..... Again the airbuddy has got to be better than nothing prehaps put one in your bcd pocket and if you get to a dive and find someone with no octo (see above) clip one on.

happy Diving
J

Back
Top Bottom