Air buddy bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I take a different philosophy. I dont look at my pony bottle as something to hand off. If someone needs air that is what my octo is for.

There are circumstances when octo is a bad option. Say you are are in a cold water (ice diving for example) you do not want another person to cool down your first stage more.

There are circumstances when octo is a bad option. Say you are are in a cold water (ice diving for example) you do not want another person to cool down your first stage more.

If someone is breathing off my octo, then we'll be surfaced before the 1st stage has a chance to freeze

If someone is breathing off my octo, then we'll be surfaced before the 1st stage has a chance to freeze

Tanked, what if the person got entangled ? In my life it's just a theory that never came true so far (thanks god) but I'm a overprotecting freak. I think it's all the matter of how much extra safety margin one wants.

I am skeptical about the Airbuddy giving you a lot more bottom time than a standard second stage. And the statement about it having a HP and a LP safety valve is silly. All tanks will have a HP safety burst disc and a LP safety is not needed for regs using a standard downstream regulators as they serve the same purpose. The Airbuddy is a tilt valve type reg, same as the little helium ballon filler upper thingies. Since it is not a downstream design a LP pressure relief valve is necessary in case there is a failure in the first stage.

I once took a ballon inflator and screwed a fitting into it that I can attach to a BC inflator hose. I use it for filling lift bags. It works just like the Airbuddy and I have made complete dive breathing off it with no problems. It delivers as much air as you need. The Airbuddy is a low profile device and you can use it to amaze and astonish your friends. It works OK for what it is designed for.

When someone decides to have a birthday party at 100Ft, I will buy one of these so that I can fill balloons with it. I am sure that I could fully inflate 3 or 4 balloons with it before it goes empty.

You guys would never make it as a mermaid at Weeki Wachi Springs, they breath off the end of an open hose with no mask, some of you should wish you were so good underwater

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom