Air Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any of you guys familiar with the "Air Buddy" inflator/octo? I was checking it out online and it looks like it might be a way of satisfying dive charters' octopus requirement without having another hose cluttering things up.

It looks simple enough, but is it as good as they say it is?

Last edited:
Used it. Prefer it on it's own hose. Wouldn't take it with an instabuddy. I suspect some charters wouldn't accept it as an octo. I've seen it for under $40 online. Not bad.

Search the term "Air Buddy" with member Nemrod. That should provide some reading.

Pete

When I was down in the Keys this summer for a few weeks I purposely attempted to get thrown off of a boat, gotta have some sport ya know. When I pulled my 50 Fathom out and the Air Buddy I thought the DM was going to have a brain implosion. His eyeballs sucked into the back of his head and bounced off the back of his skull before springing out like some sort of cartoon character. Gotta always keep the Titan in reserve!

My Air Buddy is the high performance Nitrox version :).

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom