Air integrated console adviceust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chasin' Tales

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I both need new computers...both of our computers recently bit the dust. I would like to get two new air integrated consoles without breaking the bank. I was looking at the Mares Air Puck. We don't need fancy bells and whistles...just looking for a reliable basic computer. Anyone have any experience with this computer? Are there any others similar that I should consider?

Thanks,

No experience with the Mares but I would look at the Suunto Cobra. Similar price range. Some pooh-pooh their algorithm but I did not had issues with it when I dove it years back. The newer Cobra3 has a built in compass and other features but is more $$. The Suuunto quick disconnect is probably the best made.

Thanks. A Suunto Cobra is what just crapped out on me. I'm not eager to replace it with the same. It was a good computer but heard too many stories about bad sensors, which is what happened to mine.

The Puck isn't Air integrated and is a watch type. What are you looking for?

I had a Cobra 3 and it worked great. I got rid of it because it was a console, I don't care for a console computer.

If you want AI console and not a Suunto, I would look at Oceanic ProPlus 3.

my mistake, I thought the puck was a wrist computer. My apologies.

Check out the Oceanic ProPlus 2.1. I had a ProPlus 2 for many years. Worked very well, and has a large easily visible display. Menu is pretty straight forward.
Replaced the PP2 with a VT4.1 when I wanted to go to a wrist style. Will probably get a PP2 or PP3 for my daughter later this year when she gets certified.

I went from a hoseless AI to a ProPLus 2. Love it. Then the PP 2.1 came out with a few new features. I was on a live-aboard with a guy that had the pro plus 3. I hated it. Doesn't show as much, no O2 graph, complicated. If you can get a Pro plus 2.1 still you would be very happy!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom