Air Rental for Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windyrock

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around for quite a while and have usually found my answers in previous posts, but not this time.

We are planning a last minute trip and have pretty much decided to go to Roatan. The question I have is we are looking at renting a Villa on the water and in the ad for one of the villas it says some of the best shore diving is right out front, a few kicks away.

Will dive operators rent us tanks and let us take them on our own shore dives or is it like the Mayan Riveira wher it is against the law?

If not I have read somewhere about the regulations regarding shipping ( flying ) your own tanks down. Would they fill those?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge anyone can beach dive in the Bay Islands of Honduras.

All beaches are public. Getting to access them across someone's property can be a problem. Access from the oceanside cannot be denied.

There is not a whole lot of easy viable beach diving in the Bay Islands versus some place like Bonaire.

You wrote:"The question I have is we are looking at renting a Villa on the water and in the ad for one of the villas it says some of the best shore diving is right out front, a few kicks away."

Depending on where this rental is located, I would start looking for dive shops in the near vicinity. There is no standard policy with regard to tank rental. Each shop has its own policy. That also applies to tank fills. I would check with the rental agents about dive shops close to this Villa.

At CoCoview, we occasionally fill tanks for the cruising sailboats, but like the States, the cylinder must be in hydro and have a current VIP.
:cool2:

Thanks RTB,

Looking at a map...we are very close to Cocoview.

How is the surf in the area.. are non beach shore entries possible? If I can only get thr other people to commit we may be seeing you in a month!!!

Thanks again!!

Looking at a map...we are very close to Cocoview

I'm sure RTBmeDiver (and a lot of us) would like to know exactly where that might be. The best answer is predicated on that precise location being known.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom