Air Source-is it interchangeable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Air source on my Diva LX BCD. I really like my BCD, but it is a pain in the butt to travel with because it is SO big and won't fold up nicely for travel.
I have access to a Zeagle BCD and have been told by the owner that I can put my air source on it, and use it, if it is possibile.
My question is, can I easily switch my air source from my Dvia to the Zeagle?
Does anyone know if that is a possibility?

If the corrogated inflator hose sizes are the same, it's as easy as removing the your Air Source from the old BC and puttng it on the new one. This would entail cutting the old zip tie off, sliding a pin back to release the cable to the pull dump, connecting it to the cable on the new BC, installing it n the hose, aligning it to point in the right direction and securing it with another cable tie.

If the hoses are a different size, you would need to obtain a converter to adapt it to the smaller hose diameter, but you should have either gotten one with the air source, or can get one from a dealer.

DA Aquamaster:
If the corrogated inflator hose sizes are the same, it's as easy as removing the your Air Source from the old BC and puttng it on the new one. This would entail cutting the old zip tie off, sliding a pin back to release the cable to the pull dump, connecting it to the cable on the new BC, installing it n the hose, aligning it to point in the right direction and securing it with another cable tie.

If the hoses are a different size, you would need to obtain a converter to adapt it to the smaller hose diameter, but you should have either gotten one with the air source, or can get one from a dealer.
Thank you for the info-
Since I am the kind of person who has to be SHOWN how to do anything like that. I'll take it to my LDS and see if they will do it. At least I know it is possible and shouldn't be too hard for them to do.

There may be an even simpler way. Many of the LP hoses use the same size connection. I would try to swap the complete hose before moving the Air source, esp if you intend to dive both BC's .

herman:
There may be an even simpler way. Many of the LP hoses use the same size connection. I would try to swap the complete hose before moving the Air source, esp if you intend to dive both BC's .

Probably will not work. My Seaquest BC uses an odd sized connection at the pull dump valve. I believe Zeagle uses the same somewhat std connection as is used on Halcyon, DiveRite, and many others; excluding Scubapro of course. But the only guys I know of who don't use the std 1" corrugated hose is Oceanic. But I'm sure there are others.

awap:
Probably will not work. My Seaquest BC uses an odd sized connection at the pull dump valve. I believe Zeagle uses the same somewhat std connection as is used on Halcyon, DiveRite, and many others; excluding Scubapro of course. But the only guys I know of who don't use the std 1" corrugated hose is Oceanic. But I'm sure there are others.

Your right, just checked my wifes Diva and my Zeagle, the SQ uses a lot larger connection.

Way back when I wrote the fine people at Aqualung to ask them if an Airsource would fit on any other brand BCs (I have a Sherwood). They said no, only their brands. So I ended up getting the Atomic SS1 instead. I comes with adapter rings so it fits on several different brand BCs.

___

Well, I called one LDS and they said "sure we can do that."
While running my errands I was in the area of another LDS so , I stopped in there and asked about it. They said "NO can't be done."
I still took both BC's to the other LDS and he did it. Had to keep the original hoses on each one though because they ae different lengths. He did something with the pins and cables like DA Aquamaster mentioned.
Now I just need to give it a test run and make SURE it worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom