Air tasted/smelled of plastic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
I was with a (in my mind) very professional divecenter in Croatia for some dives. :D

However, on one of my dives I found the air smelled/tasted of plastic. Well back on ground some hours later I tried again (direcly from the tank) and asked my girlfriend to confirm - it did smell of plastic. :confused:

Info:
- Filled to 230 bar
- with normal 21% air (I suppose)

However, the instructors where for this dive using Trimix. Can it have been helium I tasted and they somehow ****ed up the mixes? :no:

I didn't feel bad in any way (and, btw had one of my best dives ever). Their eq was top prof (bauer and coltri compressors) and all approved.

Thx for your help :)

Hi,
I am currently searching for a Dive Center on the Istrian Peninsula for my initial certification. Can you recommend a good one for an English speaker?

Thanks,
Lazer

To follow up:
I checked my bottles and couldnt see anyhing. Cleaned my regs to be sure.

Lopez>>
I have only been more south (Sibenik, Split, Dubrovnik), so dont know any on Istrian. Have a nice trip :)

Back
Top Bottom