Aircraft Carrier Wreck Near Sri Lanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now the war in Sri lanka is over. Entire country is safe. Diving is excellent. You can dive in the east coast now. May - October. Lot's of corals reefs and wrecks to see. Season in the west and the south is from November to April.

gxdoyle,

Here is the best I can do for you.

scroll down to Aquatic Adventures Diving in Sri lanka.

I was the previous owner of Aquatic Adventures. Now not in operation. I closed down in 2002
Now to dive contact
srilanka-divingtours
Felician

Hi Divers,
Welcome to dive the wreck hermes. Season is from May to October. Current is very strong. Excellent vis 25m plus. Very rich marine life and a beautiful coral garden. Wreck well intact.
Need to be Tec or Trimix qualified. Wreck is at 58 m to the bottom. I just returned from the east coast yesterday. It's a six hour drive. visit Diving in Sri Lanka - For PADI diving courses, Vacation, trips, diving holidays in Sri Lanka - Home click gallery to view pictures

HI There is one dive operator in Sri lanka now operating and conducting expeditions to dive the sunken air craft carrier. Sea my report on Google. A visit to the air craft carrier. I have been diving there since a few years. Trimix too is available.
Felician

Man. Wish I could afford it- that sounds like a great dive. And the war's finally over, too.

HMS Hermes in Batticaloa Sri lanka.
Just did one dive on Monday. At the surface there was no current. Descended along the anchor line Vis 25m plus. Below 35 -38m strong current and a down pull was present. We had to use the BCDs as well as the lifting bags. Came across this condition for the first time on the wreck. Back on the surface no current. Bottom temp 26 'C. The season is coming to an end. Just a few weeks more.
Feli
Diving in Sri Lanka - For PADI diving courses, Vacation, trips, diving holidays in Sri Lanka - Home

Hi Dear Divers,
The Season to dive the wreck HMS Hermes from April to mid October. I dives on Sunday 11th October. Sea was rough Vis poor 10 - 12 m. Usually 20m plus. Lot of marine life. It will be possible. Now the season in the west coast has already commenced.
visit Diving in Sri Lanka - For PADI diving courses, Vacation, trips, diving holidays in Sri Lanka - Home to view the pictures of my 50th expedition. We had an Australian Course Director who dived with me last week. He said that this was an amazing dive.
He enjoyed much more than all other wreckages. Many tour operators are selling dive trips though it is still at the early stages. We are now allowed to use boats with 25hp engines.
Since there isn't a jetty for larger boats to come along side we have to use 22ft fibre glass boats.
We can reach the site in 20 mins.
Rec divers it's now time to switch to tec diving
cheers
Felician

anyone from usa looking to put together a trip out there, i have been looking into it and its not as expensive as you think. pm me if anyone maybe wants to put something together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom