Airline Luggage Restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE="MC";3501451]Hi Folks:

I bet someone has already discussed this in a thread, but I can't find it right away so here goes:

With the Airlines all going to "One Carry-on / One checked under 50#" it's going to be tedious going to Grand Cayman (or any other non-US continental destination).

Now, traveling within the 48 contiguous states (that's all the states except Alaska and Hawaii for all you folks in Rio Lindo), it's a simple matter of just shipping the heavy gear by UPS or USPS or whatever.

Anyone have any suggestions for furrin' travel?

Thanks in advance,

"MC"
Rochester, NY[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the Caribbean and read next month they are switching from the two checked (50 lbs each) to one checked. My wife says she read something on some of the airline websites that this restriction does not include 'sports' luggage. So if you have it checked as 'sports' luggage you can still check another bag as luggage.

Check the various airlines that fly to your destination. On the airline site look for 'baggage'. Once in the baggage section of the website you should be able to find 'restrictions' or 'allowances'.

But as someone pointed out, make sure the airline you pick doesn't subcontract the last leg of the trip to an island hopper. They might not take your luggage on your flight, i.e. it will show up a few days later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom