Airplane sunk off Chemainus???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duncan Campbell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know any details about an airplane being sunk off Chemainus, Vancouver island as an artifical reef? I heard the tale end of a story on the news and want more info...

Thanks deepdiver....read the article...sounds good. Will they get the $12,000? Who knows..money is tight for that sort of thing nowadays. Hope it will happen though...may be a fun dive.

Well, going on precedent alone....

I'd be shocked if it happened in January. I am convinced that thing will never see the ocean.

I talked to Peter Luckham yesterday and the 737 is a go Jan 14th at 1:00pm or so. Lets keep our fingers crossed but I think this time it may actually happen.I am sure it will look much better underwater.

Greetings everyone,

Boeing 737 set to be sunk as Artificial Reef January 14th 2006

Environment Canada has advised us that we have successfully completed the requirements for them to issue us a permit January 9th 2006. As you can imagine, we are very excited about having reached this point. It has been a long hard journey.
The attached announcement is to advise you that the sinking date has been set for Saturday January the 14th 2006.

As you may know we have to still have to raise an estimated $12,000 to complete this project. We have the ability through the media and the discovery channel documentary to bring significant exposure for corporate sponsors. We expect to reach an audience of over 100 million viewers world wide. If you or someone you know is in a position to assist us with the completion of this project I would like to ask you to contact me via email or phone to find out how we can work together to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Thank you,

Peter Luckham
http://www.divemaster.ca/boeing/index.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom