Airplane tickets - When to Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in that case, it's not worth the measly savings to deal with doing that. Did it the first time and it adds ALOT of time. Ugh. And if the puddle is insel air, double no. :)

And in that case, it's not worth the measly savings to deal with doing that. Did it the first time and it adds ALOT of time. Ugh. And if the puddle is insel air, double no. :)
Forget Insel. Period. Absolutely. DiviDivi is the (current) way to get from Curacao to Bonaire.

We went to Cocoview on Roatan in 2015. It was the first time we dove on our own. We loved it! In looking back at my cost spreadsheets that trip was $6K+. Airfare was cheaper but CCR was expensive. I've estimated the costs for Bonaire, even with the higher cost of airfare to be about $1K less. Granted, at the moment it is still an estimate. I don't know how much we'll spend on food and gas.

We can do a trip to Cozumel for about $4.5K for everything. We love Cozumel and generally return every year. The diving is completely different. There have been a few times when the current was slow that we could hang out in a particular spot and watch the reef. Most of the time we're watching the passing scene as the current carries us. Not better or worse, just different.

What I loved about Honduras was being able to hover in one spot and let the life on the reef reveal itself. I didn't see the big stuff in Honduras that we see in Cozumel. But I usually don't get to look for the small stuff in Cozumel. And of course, we are tied to a dive schedule. "What time do we have to meet the boat?" "Do we have time for breakfast?"

I'm looking forward to diving when and where we want. Bonaire has been on our bucket list since we got certified 7 years ago. While Curacao may be similar and cheaper we have to do Bonaire first. Maybe Curacao next year:)

@morecowbells, my husband, like you, was done after two dives/day in Roatan. I would have been happy with 5. We had to compromise:) I'm sure we'll have to make the same compromise in Bonaire.

My current dilemma (total for 2):

1. Coz for CAD$4K at Casa Mexicana/3Ps, 20 boat dives, not including food
2. Bon for CAD$5K at Buddy Dive, not including food
3. Roatan at Cocoview for CAD$6K, including food
4. Red Sea Aggressor for CAD$6K, including food

I’m needing a cheap trip for end of year. Been to #1 already but want to try #3-4. Oh but #1 is so enticing! Realistically we won’t do more than 20 dives a week.

I’m needing a cheap trip for end of year. Been to #1 already but want to try #3-4. Oh but #1 is so enticing!

I checked the Casa Mexican rates before we decided to go to Bonaire this year. We do much better with a condo. My $4.5K last year was total - all food (we tend to eat out a lot), excursions, diving, tips everything. It's hard to beat Coz on price. Of course, it's also a lot of fun to go someplace new :)

I’m needing a cheap trip for end of year. Been to #1 already but want to try #3-4. Oh but #1 is so enticing! Realistically we won’t do more than 20 dives a week.
Are those prices inclusive of airfare to each place?

Are those prices inclusive of airfare to each place?

Yes, in CAD. I’m lucky as I live in the biggest city in Canada with direct flights to many places. If I time it right, flights can be very reasonable.

For example, I’m getting CAD$500 to CZM direct non-stop, and CAD$954 to CAI direct non-stop. For October, November, December before Christmas time.

Yes, in CAD. I’m lucky as I live in the biggest city in Canada with direct flights to many places. If I time it right, flights can be very reasonable.

For example, I’m getting CAD$500 to CZM direct non-stop, and CAD$954 to CAI direct non-stop. For October, November, December before Christmas time.
That is awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom