Airport noise at Brac Reef Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, my wife and I were planning to go to Cayman Brac and stay at the Brac Reef Beach Resort this September. I looked at a map and see that BRBR basically sits at the right of the airport runway. I know there is not that much aircraft traffic, but was just wondering if it is noticeable?

Thanks for the input.
Steve

My wife and I stayed there a few years ago and I guess we noticed it now that you mention it but it really isn't that bad for the few planes that come in each day.

Hard to beat the Brac and BRBR. We were just talking about going back down there this winter.

have fun,

cb

It is not too noticeable, I hear everything and am a light sleeper. I think it was a bit louder at the Divi. The planes are not usually landing when you are not awake. There aren't that many landings.

I just returned from the brac last week. Had three weeks of great diving. Don't worry about the airport. Only one jet lands there, and it only on the weekends. The twin engine 'Otter' comes and goes during the day. Nothing at night. The jet does leave rather early on weekend mornings, generally around 6:30am.

BTW, the Brac Reef is looking fine. Since Paloma it has been rebuilt, not just a new coat of paint. Everyone was so friendly. Reef Divers are great, and Barbie is the best.

You will enjoy.

Thank you for the replies. Made reservations for Sept 11 - 18!! Really looking forward to it.:D

My husband & I spent our honeymoon there in 2001 (just prior to Sept. 11th). As the other posters said, it is noticable at times but not a deterrent. There was a jet takeoff about 6:30 am but you get used to it, or get up early to watch the sunrise! Looing forward to re-visiting since they have rebuilt the place. Really enjoyed diving with Reef Divers. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom