airtrim bcd engage valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yfyfyf

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
hi all,

i recently purchased a used Dragonfly Airtrim bc. it was in great shape. the normal valves (shoulder/kidney) work but i can't seem to dump air using the button on the "inflator box".

i quick google search says they only work 'under pressure'. so i have to go to the swimming pool before i can test it? thanks in advance

Fung

Not clear on what you're asking but you will need a tank/reg and LP hose connected to the Airtrim b4 it will work the dump valves.

The black button adds air internally to the BC bladder and the gray button releases air pressure from the bladder to remotely activate the dump valve. The "normal valves" work manually now since they bypass the pneumatic system.

Of course there's a video...lol

@Yfyfyf: It's a pneumatic system meaning it doesn't work without pressure. Connect the BCD to a pressurized tank and try operating the deflate button. I'm sure it'll work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom