Akona Pro-Kit & S/wood Avid BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell once bubbled...
How do you mount the pro-kit supplied knife to the Sherwood Avid BC? I have the same knife as in the pro-kit but did not buy the entire kit!!!

Thanks

There should be plastic threaded screws holding two seperate clips to either the left or right side of the BC. You remove the screws or pins then remove the clips. You slide the sheath over the material that supported the clips and either replace the pins or screws with or without the clips on the outside of the sheath.

one piece of advice my instructor gave me, where ever you mount your knife make sure you can see it with your mask on and under water. I mounted mine using the BCD Pro kit method, and really can not see it with my mask on. Really have to contort yourself and deploy the knife mainly by feel.

Those plastic screws are also a bear to thread and unthread, and mine are now stripped and I will have to cut them to get the knife off the BC.

Hint to Sherwood, consider, Hex heads on those screws, at least one end. A dime also works better than a screw driver.

I've installed dozens and dozens of pro-kits and have never had 1 problem. Knock on wood. But if the plastic threads didn't work out for you just run over to the Hardware store and get some brass threaded screws for about $3.00.

Stripping the plastic screw slots in the head is not an issue as long as you turn the male end of the assembly. The female end has to turn against the friction of the webbing surrounding it and is much harder to turn.

Strange-= I can't find the screws you are referring to.....:confused:

Here is a picture, (as described by CincyBengalsFan) it is the nylon screws that faston the female quick connect and the plastic snap to the webbing. Undo the screws, take off the connects, slide the webbing through the slots in knife sheath, put the connects back on the webbing.

You can see the end of the screw sticking out on the right hand side of the female connect, this is what I was talking about in my above post. The threads stripped internally, it won't go in or out any further! "My Bad"

Mike

Strange-= I can't find the screws you are referring to.....:confused:

They normally come with the BC, not the pro kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom