Where do you usually mount your knife/Tool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin Phillips

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got a Cressi Alligator Scissor & Knife and I cant figure out where to mount it. I use a Sherwood Avid Phantom BCD and nothing seems perfect for mounting there. Do any of you mount them with bungee on your wrist?

Depends on your diving style. I have scissors on my shoulder and a trylobite on my belt. Sometimes I put a knife on my leg. Important to distribute your cutting tools along your body just in case you get yourself into a spot where you can't reach one of them.

Think about where it would be easy to grab and stow when needed. Mounting knives to BCDs can be tricky - don't be afraid to punch in some grommets or sew on a webbing loop somewhere if necessary.

I have a Dive Rite cutting tool mounted on my computer straps on my wrist and then a DIR knife on my waist strap. Since you really don't have a waist strap with that BCD, you could try the wrist method with a smaller cutting device. You could also try to mount the knife on your right shoulder strap, making sure the knife doesn't get caught on your regulator hoses or anything.

I have a Dive Rite cutter on the belt of my harness and a not-so BFK on my left calf.

I normally carry two small Aqualung knifes, one on my left BC pocket and the other attacked to my hose attached dive computer. This way I can get to either knife.

I looked at both the BCD and knife online. Is it possible to mount it to the right shoulder strap up high? Or would that be in the way? It is a rather big knife that is hard to mount on a BCD.

If I had that gear, I think I would look to burn a few holes in the top forward edge of the BC above the zipper pocket and then mount the knife sheath in a nearly horizontal manner with bolts or zip ties or something. I personally wear a knife sheath on my thigh.

Trilobite on my harness belt, folding serrated Spyderco in right leg pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom