Where Do You Mount Your Trilobite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Clearly if you need this cutting tool, there's a decent chance someone is in a precarious situation. At the same time, you hopefully don't need it often, so you don't want it invasive of other tools and instruments. So, where on your body do you mount yours and why?

I have one on the bungee straps of my wrist computers so if you dive with backup computers each one will have one.
My wrist slates also all have them on the bungee straps.
My UWLD goodman handles all have one on the strap so it is in the palm of your hand.
My sidemount rigs each have one on the chest strap *wouldn't put one there for normal recreational diving but for squeezy sidemount stuff it's nice to have one there, only had to use it once but was glad I didn't have to move my other arm.

which one?

One on computer strap, and one on waist. My travel recreational rig has one on chest webbing...

Bungee of Perdix.

Left waist strap.

One is none.

Vertical on right front waist strap of bp/w that can be reached with either hand. Not asked, but Emergency Shears are mounted on top of right shoulder strap, also accessible to either hand.

On the left shoulder strap more or less "under" the K-inflator. Pretty much a dead spot for stuff, but reachable with either hand. It stays there under the "concealed is concealed" mantra. Other cutting implements as allowed, distributed around.

Back
Top Bottom