Where Do You Mount Your Trilobite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I mount mine on either my wrist computer's bungies, or on the BC inflator hose. I used the BC mounted cutter extensively on a recent trip to the Philippines where I encountered fishing lines all over the reef's on at least half the dives. I wasn't dealing with entanglements, just clearing the reef.

I see they have a harness or wrist pouch. Harness is kinda obvious but I'm having a hard time visualizing how it is secured to the computer. On let's say a Perdix, does it have a Velcro strap that wraps around the underside bungees?

At least mine came with webbing to thread on a belt, so I just ran the computer bungees through that belt-webbing.

At least mine came with webbing to thread on a belt, so I just ran the computer bungees through that belt-webbing.
So it's basically always on the computer straps? I assume you have a harness pouch and you threaded the bungees through where a belt would typically be?

So it's basically always on the computer straps? I assume you have a harness pouch and you threaded the bungees through where a belt would typically be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 87
I'm diving sidemount, and I'm wearing my cuter on mu left shoulder. I'm right handed, but I can still reach my cutter with mu left hand too.

Left shoulder harness just below the D-ring for my rescue cutter:

I also put them on the left side waist strap for my wife's backplate and wing.

If you carry just one cutting tool, it must be instantly reachable with either hand. Mine is centered on my chest strap, downward pull to use. Only needed it once.

Correct, they live on my computer bungiees. Both frequently in use for slicing lost lobster-traps

On my waistband. I never thought about mounting it on the computer strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom