Where Do You Mount Your Trilobite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waist strap, left of the buckle. I've never removed it under water.

If you carry just one cutting tool, it must be instantly reachable with either hand. Mine is centered on my chest strap, downward pull to use. Only needed it once.
This is exactly how I have mine mounted. But I also have a knife mounted on the left side of my BCD with the handle forward so I can easily reach it with my right hand.

One on my BP waste strap just left of center accessible with either hand. I’ve been thinking of adding a 2nd on my Shearwater Peregrine backup computer when I redo the bungees (they are a bit too tight).

For those of you mounting them on your computer bungees, are you using the waist sheath or the wrist sheath? And Perdix users, are you using bungee or the elastic straps? I ask because every time I have tried to put a Trilobite on my computer bungee straps using a wrist sheath it will not stay flush against my wrist. What’s the secret that I’m missing?

Thanks,
Erik

For those of you mounting them on your computer bungees, are you using the waist sheath or the wrist sheath? And Perdix users, are you using bungee or the elastic straps? I ask because every time I have tried to put a Trilobite on my computer bungee straps using a wrist sheath it will not stay flush against my wrist. What’s the secret that I’m missing?

Thanks,
Erik
Bungees and the model for webbing.

Do you have any problems with the compass? I used this with an “EEZY Cut” Trilobite and it threw my compass off 30 degrees. Is this one ceramic?

Thanks,
Erik
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The webbing pouch seems more versatile. Obviously it can be on webbing. But it looks a little more centered than the wrist pouch. It's also wider so it seems the bungees would hold both ends against the forearm.

One of the two cutting tools is here, same on the HOG and Scubapro wings.
IMG_20221225_092428.jpg

I dive with 2: one is mounted on my harness waist strap just left of center and the other on my wrist attached to the bungee cords of my computer mount.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom