Al 80 price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikey3091

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've found several Luxfer Al 80's used for $75 a piece. They are post 1988; however, they are out of hydro and vis. Does this seem like a good price? I would like to talk the guy down to $60. Still don't know if its a good deal. If I pay 75 + 30 for hydro and vis I'm looking at $105. And yes, I have used the search function. :lotsalove:

Still about $50.00 less than a new Al80.

You can buy a new cylinder for about $140. If you buy the used cylinder for $75 and get a hydro (out here in CA $25) it is less than the $140. But, if the cylinder needs a tumble, you are looking at another $25 or so. Now you might be at $125 for a cylinder.

You have to decide what you feel is a good deal or not...

mikey3091:
I've found several Luxfer Al 80's used for $75 a piece. They are post 1988; however, they are out of hydro and vis. Does this seem like a good price?
The price is fair - not a tremendous bargain, but a fair price for used tanks. I would make the purchase contingent on the tanks passing hydro, however. Say you will pay for the hydro and vis, but only pay for the tanks if they pass.

If you dig back in the forum you can find them deciphered many times over.

Also try this and this.

Pete

I checked them tonight. The newest was 1987. Most were around 1972. The guy guaranteed that they would pass hydro, or I would get my money back. Still wasn't good enough. I couldn't even determine whether some of the numbers were cat's or luxfer's. The numbers were in a sequence I had never seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom