Al 80 price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikey3091 - If these tanks are pre 1990, I doubt I would accept them if they were free, forget about paying for them. I have two pre 1990 aluminum tanks that local hydro shops will not hydro anymore. Check the DOT site, there is a warning on T6351 tanks. DOT will provide the batch numbers of the tanks involved. Some shops are using this warning to refuse to fill tanks made from T6351. If these tanks are made from T6351, they may be useless to you. I think this web site might shed some more light. 3AL CYLINDERS.
There are several threads on this topic.

As others stated before, buying an old tank, spending the money for hydro and such may cause to spend near buying a new tank. Your call. Spend the money on a new tank or buy something 20 years old? How much longer will it be usable? If the tank is good, how long will the valve last? To me, not worth the exposure.

Sorry to leave such a bleak impression. I got burnt, would hate to see others take a similar beating. Tom

I checked them tonight. The newest was 1987. Most were around 1972. The guy guaranteed that they would pass hydro, or I would get my money back. Still wasn't good enough. I couldn't even determine whether some of the numbers were cat's or luxfer's. The numbers were in a sequence I had never seen.

If the newest was 1987, I would say no to purchasing them. Just not worth it.

BTW... you can get a new AL80 from LP for $114 if they are still on sale.

DON"T! I paid only $40 for my al80 at a garage sale, then $40 more for the hydro/vis/fill. that was just a little less than buying a new tank. If the seller will give your money back for a falied hydro, then that sounds good, but $75 is still too much!

I just sold 10 Al80's - all current hydro & VIP - none more than 2 yrs old - O2 clean - filled for $80each.

Yes $75 for a used tank that needs inspection is pricey. They usually sell in the $40 - $50 range in that condition and are out there to be bought.
New AL80 $139

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom