Al80 doubles & 45# Pioneer wing????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capnsnott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking at my 45# Pioneer wing and a 55#Explorer.
Other than the extra width, is there any reason my 45# wouldn't work for double Al80s? I think the 55# Ex is excessive in width.
thanks

Dr. Frankenmule:
I'm looking at my 45# Pioneer wing and a 55#Explorer.
Other than the extra width, is there any reason my 45# wouldn't work for double Al80s? I think the 55# Ex is excessive in width.
thanks
I would want a little more info about the style of diving you would be using this setup for.
When you say the 55# EX is excessive in width do you mean with double tanks? I like a wing that slightly overlaps the width of the tank but not so much that it traps air. My diverite 55# wing is the perfect size for my steel 85s which a about the same size as al80s.

cheers,

The Pioneer is a single cylinder wing. If you put it on doubles it will not be able to properly inflate. The Explorer is a double cylinder wing.

Roak

I am planning on doing some Ice diving this winter with a couple of instrustors and also want to start training on the doubles. I have the single wing and access to the double. I hadn't talked to anyone else about this yet. I can't even keep up with emails right now....
Roger, I had not thought about the inflation issue. That makes it a simple decision. Thanks
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom