Alabama Point Jetties Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfdiver1970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys and gals! A buddy of mine and i did a dive on jetties today and had pretty good vis. We went in around 9 am and had about 10 to 15 ft vis till we hit the halfway point down the jettie,then i could tell we were losing vis fast. I`d say it dropped to about 5 to 8, but we went a little futher before heading back in. Saw alot of fish especially the sheep head.It turned out to be a good day and a good dive.We had water temps of 62 at 21 ft so it wasnt to bad. Gonna try again next weekend to weather permitting so all are invited to join the fun...!:D

Sounds great. Can you post your plans and a meeting place, and I'll see if I can swing something!

sure no problem, let me get with some folks and i`ll see if i can have a post in by tomorrow sometime

I would like to go as well. Just let me know and I'll be there. I'm real close to the Jetties. I haven't been diving in a while becasue my 'Dive Buddy' says the water is to cold :shakehead:

ok folks by the tide chart i have i think we`ll have low tide around 9:05am on saturday so if you guys want we`ll say just meet at the main parking lot around 9 0r 9:15 to asses the currents and general conditions, weather permitting of course..sound good???

Sounds like a winner to me. Maybe the sheepshead will still be hanging around too. I'm headed to the coast from Evergreen Friday morning. See you at the wall.

Tell Steph to come too and supervise the sticker and make sure you don't miss the big one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom