Aladin 2G - draining batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My 2G recently started draining batteries quite rapidly.

It seems a new battery would last a few years/few hundred dives before needing to be changed. Now I'm having to replace the battery every 2-3 weeks or so.

Is there some way to fix this, or should it ship back to Scubapro.

Hi Kathydee,
Looks like you should bring it in to your LDS for inspection and possible ship back to SCUBAPRO...

Peter C - they are new batteries. I've tried several brands & sources over the past couple of months, just to make sure bad batteries weren't the issue.

Thanks Harry, will do so.

Excellent customer service! Just received a brand new 2G warranty replacement. Thanks Scubapro!

Strange. My 2G has never done this. In my experience Scubapro's customer service is great. Glad they were for you, too, Kathy.

Kathydee: Your initial post was at the end of January. Did it take 4 months to get this resolved? I just purchased a Luna that has the same problem. The LDS has it, but I was wondering if it is going to take several months before this is resolved. Since you mentioned "excellent customer service" I am guessing that it didn't take 4 months.

EDIT: I just got the Luna back from the LDS. They put in a new battery and we will see what happens. Scubapro says they have had a couple of bad batteries, but no major issues with the computer draining the batteries.

Thanks

Ross

Last edited:
Interesting...I purchased a new Aladin 2G this past weekend (4 dives with it) and I already have 2 bars of battery life missing. I will bring it to my LDS (gotta get BCD and regs inspected anyway).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom