Aladin Air Z Nitrox Battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't take too much comfort in the 80% battery level. In my experience, which has been confirmed by other users, the battery level on that computer takes a quantum leap to zero at some point. So one day it'll say 62%, say, and the next day it'll be dead.

I see from the posts concerning Aladin battery changes that some members have located the web site that tells you how. I've used this site and have changed no end of computer batteries sucessfully.
I also change batteries in Suunto stingers,D9's D6's and most of the computers with DIY battery change capabilities.Owning a pressure test chamber I always do a test to 50 meters.
I've found over the years in the scuba tecnicians trade that the importers / manufacturers do tend to make out that the skill and no how needed to change a lot of computer batt's is beyond the abilities of us scuba diving mortals. I presume that they are looking after the interests of their approved agents who invest a lot of money in stock.

hi

i can change your aladin battery

visit

aladinbatterychange.350.com

i can change your aladin battery

You make no mention of Air-X on your site, so will you change mine for US$40.00 plus postage? :eyebrow:

I'll even supply the new battery fitted & soldered in, (computer working perfectly) and 100ml of new silicon oil! All you have to do is put a new battery cover on and put it back together.

I haven't finished assembling mine yet, but would be happy to hear comments on if I should use 5 min epoxy or 24 hour epoxy? With 24 hour epoxy I can run it in, make sure it seals, take a long time but it might run out of the seal before it sets?

OK, finally 5 posts, so maybe I can post the web site link now!!!

Here you will find the pictures and the link to download the PDF on my battery change in my Air-X.

http://home.exetel.com.au/apcs/air-x/

Ok, Talked to Milan, the creator of the CZ (czeckloslovakian) Aladin battery change website. He has pulled all of the battery replacement web pages due to, " Not kind requirement from ScubaPro".

Looks like they put the pressure on him to not help us out. Boy talk about Big Brother. I could wax on, but I'll leave that for another forum.

Wiz.au has PDF'd the Air X replacement and Milan sent me his PDF Air Replacement, all the others are pretty straight forward, I have a video on the Aladin Pro if anyone needs it and I have done several older Aladin (Solder In) battery replacements if anyone needs info.

Good Luck.

hey! im looking for the post in english of the alladin pro ultra battery change, can anyone give me a shove in the right direction??

cheers

I would not recommend purchasing Scubapro items in the future, even though I love my Mk25/S600 Din, I found out the used 10 times Uwatec Aladin Air Z Nitrox computer I bought from a local diver (had a dead battery) would cost $125 for the wrist/battery and $100 for the transmitter battery to be replaced, unless I was the original owner and then it would be replaced for free for life. This tells me you should never grow tired of your new gear (which becomes older and used) and hope to sell it so that you can upgrade and buy a new setup, because it's virtually going to be a money pit and worthless to the new buyer, because the Manufacturer gauges you for a battery (come on Scubapro). I can replace the battery in my Oceanic Pro Plus 2 for $15.00 and $6.00 in my Suunto Cobra computer and if I ever sell it, the new buyer can also replace them for the same prices. What message are you sending the diving community?

Back
Top Bottom