Aladin battery power, how far can I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I don't know it is oil-filled, but so far the dive computer is still working. Last time I check (6 months ago), the battery power is down to 2-3%, so I think it has gone through a lot of dives and still working.

If you are getting the 'Err' message, you'll want to send it back into Uwatec to get it recalibrated. You won't be able to do anything else with it until then anyway.

I too have an Aladin Air with the same problem. I bought mine in 1998 and have only used it for around 100 dives. Last night I was packing my gear & when I switched it on I noticed the "Err" message. Uptil last week the battery still showed around 50% however when reading a few online forums it seems that it's common for Aladins to die when the battery is still 'undrained'. On one review I also read that the problem with Aladin is that battery consumption is NOT calculated by testing battery voltage but the software keeps track of the usage and calculates consumption accoringly. Don't quote me on this since I just read it on a forum.

So is there anyone out there who had the same problem and got it fixed? What's the cost & procedure to get a battery replacement by UWATEC?

Cheers
Keith.

DeepDive

I had an Air X Nitrox until recently, showing 40% battery left after a dive trip. I'd had some problems with it randomly beeping after dives. When I took it out of the drawer after a couple of weeks, it was showing the Err message. So I took it to my LDS whos told me it was an u/s battery. No problem, send it away to ScubaPro and they fit a new battery, recalibrate, refill with oil and send it back, estimated cost £65. Two weeks later I get a phone call saying that the battery for the Air X is now unavailable, but they offer an upgrade to an Air Z for £95.

So I now have a brand new Air Z Nitrox, for less than £100. Recommended price in the UK is £499.

Druid:
DeepDive

I had an Air X Nitrox until recently, showing 40% battery left after a dive trip. I'd had some problems with it randomly beeping after dives. When I took it out of the drawer after a couple of weeks, it was showing the Err message....

Druid, thanks for the info. Actually mine too used to keep bleeping after dives (usually when it's still wet) and I've been told that that might be the reason why the battery drained so quickly cause it used to remain in dive-mode after the dives. Anyway I just contacted Scubapro-UK and they told me to send it over for servicing. They should be doing the full service for £62. I wish I was as lucky as you were to get an upgrade for such a discounted cost, however don't think that will happen with my model!!

Safe diving buddy - K.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom