Alatoona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GA Under Water

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I hear rumors of High visibility in Lake Allatoona. Let's get a Day trip to check it out. May have to rent a boat for the day to get it done. If we have 6 the rental of a Pontoon for 4 hours ($187) would be $31 each. That is just one Marina I checked.

Who's up for it and I'll try to make it happen?

I am going to lanier sat morning,have no desire to go back to alatoona again. let me know if you want to hit Lanier.

Let me know how it goes Mark. I'm going to have to sit it out this weekend. I'll try it out again next weekend at Two Mile Creek and see what other treasures I can find.
My beloved steel 95LP is getting hydroed at Divers Supply and probably won't be back until the end of next week.
My 7mm suit and hood kept me warm enough down to the 30ft.+ depth, but my Pinnacle EVO2 drysuit should be in by mid July. I should have had it back in Jan. when it was like Alaska at Lanier.

I hear rumors of High visibility in Lake Allatoona. Let's get a Day trip to check it out. May have to rent a boat for the day to get it done. If we have 6 the rental of a Pontoon for 4 hours ($187) would be $31 each. That is just one Marina I checked.

Who's up for it and I'll try to make it happen?

I live on Allatoona and yes the visiblity is better than normal but.....it isn't what most divers would consider good by any stretch of the imagination.

I live on Allatoona and yes the visiblity is better than normal but.....it isn't what most divers would consider good by any stretch of the imagination.

I thought most of us Loony Birds thought 5-10 was good Vis :)

I dove on a boat that had sank in 40' of water about a month ago and the visibilty was 2-3 feet.

Let me know how it goes Mark. I'm going to have to sit it out this weekend. I'll try it out again next weekend at Two Mile Creek and see what other treasures I can find.
My beloved steel 95LP is getting hydroed at Divers Supply and probably won't be back until the end of next week.
My 7mm suit and hood kept me warm enough down to the 30ft.+ depth, but my Pinnacle EVO2 drysuit should be in by mid July. I should have had it back in Jan. when it was like Alaska at Lanier.

below 70' it doesn't change much.

I hit 47 deg at 110' at Dive Haven this past weekend. My hands were chilly but everything else was toasty warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom