Aldora Divers review May27th - June 1st 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, Vlkr. I will try Aldora this time. Really can't wait!
I don't think you'll be disappointed...
I'm looking forward to it on Tuesday!

Love Aldora which is why we have been diving with them for over 10 years.

Nice to see someone else enjoy Columbia Shallows. You should not be surprised with the dive time of the dive. Depth on the dive is only 30ft max and most at 25ft. I love it after a nice long dive on Marricaibo to about 125'. Jump in the boat and run over to C. Shallows for a nice long 90 min + dive there. Great place for photography. Always great life on that reef. Great light, life and not much diving pressure = great dive.

Lsufootballfan:

Thanks for the post. My family is heading to Cozumel for second time soon. On our first trip, we did not use Aldora but I was happy with the dive shop we used. Therefore this time, I am debating if I should use the same dive shop again or try Aldora.

My biggest concern is my wife only has under 50 dives and I am not sure if Aldora's is going to be a suitable dive shop for her. But after reading your post, I am pretty sure I will give Aldora a try.

If you don't mind, can you answer couple of my questions:

1. Is your wife fine with the steel 100 tank Aldora uses? In comparison with aluminum 80, did she say anything about the tank weight?

2. How many people are on the dive boat for each trip? Do you do a giant stride or back flip from boat?

Thank you.

Sorry, been away from the computer for a little while.

To answer your questions:

1. The steel tank didn't bother my wife. She used the smaller tank, which I think was a 100, and not the 120 that I used. Her tank was just a little shorter.

2. The most divers that we had on the boat was 6. With the exception of the last day, all of our dives were on the smaller 6 pack boats. Back roll was the perferred method of entry. My wife was a little anxious of this prior to our first dive since she had only practiced the back roll entry in a pool and never off of a boat. After the first dive, she told me that she liked enetering the water via the back roll more so than the giant stride. On the last day, we dove off of the large boat and entered via giant stride. Even on the large boat there were only 6 divers.

---------- Post added ----------

Thank you, Vlkr. I will try Aldora this time. Really can't wait!

I can assure you that you and your wife will not be disappointed. We had a great experience diving with them. All of the DM's were great but Juan was a really good fit for my wife. She felt very comfortable with him leading our dives.

I can assure you that you and your wife will not be disappointed. We had a great experience diving with them. All of the DM's were great but Juan was a really good fit for my wife. She felt very comfortable with him leading our dives.
Great! Thank you Lsufootballfan! Your information further assure me to use Aldora on coming trip.

I dove with Aldora back in 2005 / 2006 and your review of them today is just like it was back then. Aldora will always be my CZM destination.

I cant imagine anyone being unhappy with Aldora, great people.

The thing with Aldora is: its not just a good diving operation, its not just a good company on Cozumel - its a top notch world class operation.

As a competitive shooter - I would describe them as Brownells-like, or Dillon-ish - in that they back up what they sell 100% without excuses.

Overall they provide what a friend of mine from from Jamaica calls: "No work".

Actually we have 8 dive boats so it is easy to segregate 6 pax dive groups.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Back
Top Bottom