Alec Pierce Scuba - Computer Video (split off from controversial thread Long Hose Good or Bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get yourself a mares quad like in the video. Shows everything you could need on one screen. The screen size is life. I love mine and couldn’t be happier. This is my first computer and I wanted something that gave me max information without breaking the bank for a new diver. This is not better than a perdix or teric and I would never make such a claim, but I do think without question for a basic dive computer you can’t get better for the price than the quad. Unless your only goal is to have a tiny puck/watch style to wear all the time.
All that being said I DID read my entire manual front to back on day one. Specially I read that book manual Alec is holding in the video as that’s the mares quad. Did I grasp everything right away? No, but I had a really good idea of most of the things the computer was telling me. Anything I didn’t I went back and re read to confirm. All my dives have been pretty basic though so I really haven’t got into any advanced features other than using nitrox.

Attachments

• 0E0FB1DF-4F42-4B72-A237-70351DC7BF38.jpeg
    0E0FB1DF-4F42-4B72-A237-70351DC7BF38.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 72
  • CB6EE962-5F38-44D1-90EB-7CEEE7877FA7.jpeg
    CB6EE962-5F38-44D1-90EB-7CEEE7877FA7.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 3ECD2008-F16C-4073-978D-0FBE1E6473C9.jpeg
    3ECD2008-F16C-4073-978D-0FBE1E6473C9.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 63
I pulled up the manual on the VT Pro and it appears there are 4 main screens to choose from on a non deco dive. The second has all of the information as the first as well as a couple of extras including elapsed dive time.

That's correct, I checked it today while I was diving.

The 4th screen is all about P02 exposure which is all but useless for most practical purposes for single tank diving within recreational limits on EAN 40 or less.

That's correct, I checked it today while I was diving.

The 4th screen is all about P02 exposure which is all but useless for most practical purposes for single tank diving within recreational limits on EAN 40 or less.

Did I read correctly that it does not default to a particular screen? In other words, if you went to the 2nd screen during the dive it will stay there until you change, it will not revert to the 1st screen. If so, unless you really want to know the temp, you can stay on screen #2 and have your depth, dive time remaining and EDT.

Did I read correctly that it does not default to a particular screen? In other words, if you went to the 2nd screen during the dive it will stay there until you change, it will not revert to the 1st screen. If so, unless you really want to know the temp, you can stay on screen #2 and have your depth, dive time remaining and EDT.

It will stay on whatever screen you select but all screens show vital dive information (including dive time remaining, tank pressure, depth). Bar graph alarms for NDL, O2, Gas remaining and ascent speed are at the corners of the screen and always visible.

Yes I typically switch to screen 2 at some point during the dive and leave it there, as you said there's nothing much in that 3rd screen besides temp and the 4th screen is P02 values which I don't see the need to check during the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom