Alert Diver Magazine from DAN

The ALERT DIVER Magazine from DAN

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Have you seen it yet?

The Fall 2010 DEMA edition was really radically different from previous issues.

It was very readable and full of interesting, useful articles.

Something very different.

Hope they keep it up.

Last edited:
I think they've been pretty decent since Stephen Frinck took over...The past few years they were alright, but he's kicked it up a notch!

Hopefully its an improvement. The old one was rubbish - not as bad as the undersea journal but still rubbish!

I actually liked the old version better. I did not want another commercial fancy diving magazine. I looked forward to reading about dive medicine, accidents, and safety issues. Now I have another dive magazine filled with fluff and I have to search for the meat.

Don't get me wrong - DAN is great and I tell everyone, "Don't dive without DAN".

I voted:
I have received it previously and always thought it was great.

Had I been give the choice, I would have voted:
I liked the old version better.

The cover Photo Alert Diver Online is what grabbed my attention. WOW! I think I now understand why anyone would want to dive in a cave. Great article on the Miskito and Islas Natividad divers, and a wonderful tribute to Wes Skiles also.

We have been DAN members for a couple of years, but this is the first DAN magazine I even remember, so I guess that means it was good.

+10

I have enjoyed the change since Stephen Frink took over, that was a vast improvement

Who has time to read? This issue certainly did catch my eye though.

I actually liked the old version better. I did not want another commercial fancy diving magazine. I looked forward to reading about dive medicine, accidents, and safety issues. Now I have another dive magazine filled with fluff and I have to search for the meat.

Don't get me wrong - DAN is great and I tell everyone, "Don't dive without DAN".

I voted:
I have received it previously and always thought it was great.

Had I been give the choice, I would have voted:
I liked the old version better.

I agree. Maybe it has been turned into a fancy dive magazine to attract more readers.

I think the Fall 2010 issue is more interesting.

My answer to the poll is:

I have received it previously and thought it was somewhat OK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom