Alice M. Colburn inquiry- new member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWile

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi all-
I have signed up to Scuba Board looking for information on a specific salvage dive. I will also post this request in the main forum section. I am not a diver but am looking for information on the Alice M. Colburn bell.
I am looking for any information on the schooner Alice M. Colburn which sank off the coast of Manchester Massachusetts on January 4, 1923. This was just off the eastern end of Little Egg Rock. My grandfather was the engineer on this boat. The crew all survived. Per an account by Raymond Bates in his book, "Shipwrecks North of Boston" in 1992 divers from western Massachusetts recovered a 200 pound bronze bell from the wreck site. (This is an exempt dive site.) I have spoken to Mr. Bates as I am searching for this bell. Unfortunately he did not have any other information on the bell. I have spent a number of years looking for the bell and was wondering if anyone on this site might have any knowledge of its where about or heard anything about this bell.
Thank you!
Chris Wile

Hi Chris,

Welcome to ScubaBoard and I wish you luck in your search for the bell.

You may want to post in the "Wreck Diving" section under "Advanced Scuba" and/or the "North Eastern United States" section under "United States" in the "Regional Forums & Dive Clubs" section.

Happy New Years!

-Doug

Hi Chris,

Welcome to ScubaBoard and I wish you luck in your search for the bell.

You may want to post in the "Wreck Diving" section under "Advanced Scuba" and/or the "North Eastern United States" section under "United States" in the "Regional Forums & Dive Clubs" section.

Happy New Years!

-Doug
Thanks, Doug

Now I have to combine 4 threads.

Happy new years to you as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom