Alkin Compressors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clark Fletcher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wondering if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with Alkin Compressors? It appears they are made in Turkey.

nothing good or bad about them from friends that own them. You changing your mind about a compressor?

Yep. I'm reconsidering my position on compressors. I honestly thought I'd never go to the trouble of setting up my own fill station (and made it pretty clear here that I wouldn't) but, the more dives I put in, the more I'm thinking about it.

I don't ever have a lot of trouble getting tanks filled but, there are a few times when it would simply be much more convenient to walk down into the basement and fill a tank. Turns out there are a lot of times now that I dive consecutive days on the weekend at different locations and I end up needing my tanks filled late in the day. I at least partially solved that problem by buying two more HP tanks.

Right now, I'm in the "thinking about it" stage. My next major scuba-related purchase is probably going to be the drysuit. But, I figured it can't hurt to start looking at compressors.

Of course, if I get a drysuit and drop money on a compressor, I could also end up with an alimony payment.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with Alkin Compressors? It appears they are made in Turkey.

Had my W-31 for 8 years and so far it's been a battle axe. I have 8 bank bottles and used to continuous blend with it. Did quarterly samples when I was selling air and results were always A+. Have taken it to several events when I could get a power drop and it ran like a champ. I use Lawrence factor cartridges and synthetic oil. Have only purchased a couple of misc parts from AirTex for it.

Had my W-31 for 8 years and so far it's been a battle axe. I have 8 bank bottles and used to continuous blend with it. Did quarterly samples when I was selling air and results were always A+. Have taken it to several events when I could get a power drop and it ran like a champ. I use Lawrence factor cartridges and synthetic oil. Have only purchased a couple of misc parts from AirTex for it.

Thanks @OWIC647. That's extremely helpful. I'm actually looking at a W-31.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom