All Apeks O-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crystal

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to share this email with everyone:

Dear Customer ,
Over the next couple df months, Apeks will be changing the material of all 'O' rings used in all equipment manufacured. This bulletin is designed to inform you of the change and so prevent any confusion as the new 'O' rings are introduced.

The current materials used by Apeks are Nitrile for general wus and Viton for Nitrox / Oxygen safe equipment.
The new material is EPDM (ethylene~propylene-dieneterpolymer) and this will be suitable for all applications,air,nitrox and oxygen. At present, Nitrile 'O' rings are all black and the Viton 'O' rings are all brown, the new EPDM 'O' rings will all be blue in colour, so the there can be no confusion.

It may take a couple of months for the transition to take place, so there could be equipment sold with a mixture of the 'O' ring materials, which will not cause a problem.

SERVICE KITS
During the transition period, all service kits supplied by Apeks will gave 'O' rings of the same colore, standard service kits will have all black nitrile 'O' rings until stocks run down and then the kits will have all blue EPDM 'O' rings. There will be no service kits with a mixture of different 'O' rings.

All stocks of 'O'rings and service kits held by you the customer, are quite safe to use and you should continue to use existing stocks until the EPDM 'O'rings start to come through.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Landon Helsby
Technical Service Manager

¡¡

My Apeks regs have blue O rings but i bought them about 3 months ago. Does this mean , i wonder, if they are made of EPDM.

By the way im new on the boards so i'm trying to ease my way in.

Hi Frog,

I guess yours are the new O-rings, though I am not absolutely sure.
you are from the UK, right?
I believe that Apeks would change it at home first,
and then do it abroad.

This mail was sent out to a customer in Korea, so
it would be a different story for you.

I think its reasonable to assume that its faster in
England.

Regards,

Crystal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom